I have a few summer weddings to attend this year, so wouldn’t it be lovely to make a dress to wear for the occasions?
Here are some dress patterns that seem promising:
Indie pattern round up:
- Sewaholic’s Cambie Dress: $13.98
- Another Colette Hazel, which is a pattern I already own but originally cost $14.
- By Hand London’s Georgia, $13.91
- Victory Pattern’s Ava about $10
But what if I dipped a toe in the Big Four pool?
- Butterick’s charmingly named “B6086“
- McCall’s likewise charmingly named “M6924“
- Simplicity’s “1873“
- V1241: $30 (! – is it made of gold?)
Side note: I was disappointed but not surprised that Ruffles and Lace is a section for kids at McCall’s, not for adults. But McCall’s is redeemed by this delightful tumblr mocking the vintage pattern artwork.
Or I could go nuts and do a two piece. At least 50% of the brides I’ll be hanging out with this summer won’t be shocked.
Here are some fabric ideas that I’m super excited about. I’m going for summery because this is a dress for an August and September wedding.
- Montgomery Stretch Bottom Weight Floral – $12.99/yard
- Riley Blake Large Gingham Cotton – $10.99/yard
- Pastel Pink Tropical Pineapple Hibiscus Rayon Challis – $5.50/yard
It’s nice to see all the options laid out so I can compare similar cuts and styles. Now I just need to make up my mind!